Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birthday Boy



Hi there!! This week was a very hectic week, so I am extremely late posting my challenge!! This card was made for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge at http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/. I wanted to make this card for a little boy because, to me, a puzzle fits a little boy. My mom went on a mission to find the template for the puzzle pieces when she saw the challenge (thanks mom!). I got this digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil and used prisma color pencils and gamsol to color it. I used liquid applique for the cupcake, and the cuttlebug for the puzzle pieces and background. The DP was found in my stash along with the buttons and ribbon. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful week!!

5 comments:

Darsie Bruno said...

this is darling! I love the liquid applique on the cupcake! Looks like real icing! Thanks so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch this week and I hope you'll join us next week!
Hugs, Darsie
Midnight Madness Design Team

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt - Brenda, this is just too adorable - I just want to pick him up and squeeze him! I love the colouring and that yumbly cupcake!! I love all of the detail here!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you next week again!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Priscilla said...

Hi Brenda, wooo hooo..you got the direct link :) Your card is so cute..Love how you used that cutie pie on this sketch. Well done my friend, well done :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol Hurlock said...

Brenda this is simply delightful. What a precious image that brings back memories of when my own boys were so young. Your colors and details are perfect. Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. It is always a treat to visit and see your fabulous creations.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling Brenda!! That cupcake looks so real and ready to eat!! Darling image and take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at MMSC this week!