Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Butterfly


Good morning and happy Tuesday!! I am off work this week, so I thought I'd get my post on early, before my day begins doing the "mom" stuff!! LOL
This card was made for my Grandma's birthday, but also inspired by Priscillas sketch at http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/.
I have had that Inkadinkado butterfly/nest stamp for quite sometime and I have never used it (figured it needed some luvin' too!) I colored it with Copics, Marvy markers and prismacolor pencils, and added some glitter to the butterfly, eggs and flowers. The DP is Capella from Basic Grey and Bazzill cardstock. The sentiment is from SU, and the pearls and ribbon are from my stash! Thanks for looking and have a great week!!

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card you have made from the sketch brenda
love the image

greetings karin

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a beautiful and elegant take on the sketch challenge this week. I love your image, coloring and that nice SU sentiment! Wow Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT
I have blog candy available if you are interested!

pam124 said...

Oh my Brenda, what a fantastic take on the sketch this week. I LOVE your image and details. So, so beautiful!! I hope I can get to mine soon..... Hugs - pam

Holly Moore said...

I just love cards that make me feel peaceful like this one does. :) The browns of the card and the blues in the image are so perfect together. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Your cards are always such a joy!

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDT - GD

Carol Hurlock said...

What a great image Brenda and awesome background paper. I just love this fabulous look. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

Connie M. said...

Brenda, this is just so pretty! What a beautiful image, and it is paired perfectly with this wonderful DP!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!!

Connie
MMDT-GD

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Brenda!
This is so pretty! Love the birdsnest and the flowers you have popped up to create dimensions. Your DP is very, very pretty! Great card!


Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Valerie said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the image and the colors used.